Toys and Play
Increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting objects, toys, and frequently touched surfaces (including play surfaces and outdoor toys)
- Cleaning and disinfecting of toys must be done in between all activities
- Toys are cleaned prior to disinfection
Toys/items that cannot be cleaned and disinfected (e.g. playdough, craft supplies, nature-based toys) must be:
- dedicated to each child and kept in a designated location (i.e. cubby/bag/container labeled with the child’s name) OR
- if they cannot be dedicated to a single child, toys/items must be used for only one day and then be placed in a sealed and cleanable container for three days before being re-introduced to the cohort:
- Hand washing must be performed before and after
- Staff must track and record rotation of items
Water or sensory play in a group is not permitted. Individual water or sensory play is permitted if all items are dedicated to each child and physical distancing is maintained.
Avoid singing activities indoors.
Mouthed toys should be removed immediately and set aside in a designated area for cleaning and disinfecting and cannot be shared with other children.