Physical distancing measures
Physical distancing of at least 2 metres must be maintained between cohorts and should be encouraged, where possible, between children within the same cohort.
Encourage more physical space between children by:
- Spreading children out into different areas
- Staggering, or alternating, lunchtime and outdoor playtime
- Incorporating more individual activities or activities that encourage more space between children
- Offering increased outdoor play
- Groupings of children (i.e. separate classes) must remain separate from other groupings within the childcare centre
Limiting direct contact between children and staff:
- When holding infants and toddlers, use blankets or cloths over childcare providers clothing and change the blankets or cloths between children
- Avoid getting close to faces of all children, where possible
Distancing between staff
- Staff should respect the 2-meter recommendations from the Province. Staff should not gather for lunch, break, or other activities.
- Staff should not carpool with other staff (even if wearing face masks)
Distancing during pick up and drop off
- Pick-up and drop-off of children should happen outside the childcare setting unless it is determined that there is a need for the parent/guardian to enter the setting.
- Staggering pick up and drop off to respect social distancing as much as possible
- Use of video and telephone interviews should be used to interact with families where possible, rather than in person